The department is responsible for managing water resources in Egypt, and achieve sustainable development of water resources. The department involved in performing technical studies
aiming at solving multiple objectives among different stakeholders. Models are used containing multiple objectives to identify the tradeoffs among conflicting users. The performed
studies provide useful information to decision-makers who must decide what the best tradeoffs should be among interested groups.
- Integrated water resources management to balance for environmental and socioeconomic requirements.
- Best practice in transboundary water resources management.
- Development studies for the traditional and nontraditional water resources.
- Legislation for efficient use and protection of water resources.
- Design of surface and groundwater monitoring network based on influence coverage to incorporate real time information.
- Set procedures and standards for optimum utilization of flood protection and water harvesting structures.